The Centennial Challenge
Join the Challenge!
In honor of its 100th anniversary, the Department of Music is excited to announce the UNC Music Centennial Challenge. To celebrate 100 years of the Department of Music at Carolina, we are setting out to raise $100,000 by the end of 2019.
All gifts made during the challenge will help support students, professors, academics, and performance throughout the department. Gifts of all amounts truly make a difference! These few examples show how your gift will have an impact:
- $100 – Support concert poster printing for a month
- $100 – Support the purchase of new equipment, such as music stands or folders
- $250 – Support concert program printing for a month
- $500 – Fund an Outstanding Performer Award for a graduating senior
- $500 – Fund an Outstanding Research Award for a graduating senior
- $500 – Fund a Carolina Bluegrass Band Outstanding Musician 2019 Award
- $2,500 – Support an ensemble for one semester
- $5,000 – Send a graduate student to the Library of Congress for the summer
- $12,000 – Support a graduate student for one semester
- $25,000 – Support a graduate student for one year
We hope that you will consider making your gift today and help us in our efforts to honor 100 years of music at UNC. As Frank Porter Graham said of Carolina, “There is music in this place.”
Online giving to the UNC Department of Music is easy and secure. Simply follow the blue “Make a Gift Now” link below to proceed with a secure online giving process.
f you have questions about making a gift, please contact Anne Collins at the Arts and Sciences Foundation: (919)843.3920 or email@example.com. Annual gifts of $1,500 or more also qualify donors for membership in the Arts and Sciences Dean’s Circle. Gifts of $2,000 or more also qualify donors for membership in the University’s Chancellor’s Clubs.