UNC Music Workshop
Dates: July 21 – July 27, 2019
The UNC Music Workshop is intended for pianists and singers who are rising 9th graders through rising college freshmen. In addition, the Workshop offers topic driven sessions for adult participants as well as the opportunity to make music at a high level.
For HS age participants, the Workshop offers:
- Private lessons in voice or piano included with registration
- Theory classes and an optional video/movie composition class
- Daily individual performance opportunities in studio classes and solo recitals
- Coached Cabaret showcasing students with interests and skills in any kind of less formal performance, including comedy, original song writing, small groups, dance, or solo performance
- Large choral and staged singing opportunities
For adult participants, the Workshop offers:
- large and small choral and staged singing opportunities
- a chance to share ideas, materials, information and teaching techniques and strategies with colleagues
- an opportunity to explore the use of technology in teaching, performance and operational settings
- other optional studies as need is expressed and availability permits
Costs and Deadlines
Registration closes when the Workshop reaches capacity. Early applicants pay a discounted fee. All fees are due by July 5, 2019.
- Resident, early applicant (by May 10; includes room/board) — $615.00
- Resident participant (after May 10; includes room/board) — $650.00
- Residents please note: there is an optional linen pack available. Full information is on the registration form.
- Commuter, early applicant (by May 10; meals not included) — $400.00
- Commuter, (after May 10; meals not included) — $435.00
- Commuters please note: you may elect to buy any number of meals in the cafeteria used by the Resident Campers. Full information is on the registration form.
- Limited spaces (according to availability and voicing) for adult participants (for CEU credits) & college singers. See downloadable or online registration form below.
(Note: Registration is not confirmed until the deposit is paid. See Registration below.)
Registration for the 2019 Workshop
- For a downloadable registration form for HS Participants, click .
- For a downloadable registration form for Adult Participants, click here.
- To register HS Participants online,
- To register as an Adult Participant, click here.
Additional Forms and Information (click links below)
- General Liability and Release Form
- UNC Music Workshop Health Form
- Repertoire Sheet
- Rules and Regulations
- Approaches to Campus
- Detailed Campus Map
- UNC Music Workshop Flyer, 2019
- Programs for all Performances
For more information about the Workshop or to ask additional questions, contact:
- El Fisseha (Workshop Administrator): 919-962-5695; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Huff (Workshop Director): 919-880-0351; email@example.com
“Quoniam tu solus sanctus” from Missa sancti Bernardi von Offida by Joseph Haydn
Chindia by Alexandru Pascanu