UNC Music Workshop
It’s Workshop Week!
The Workshop Virtual Concerts will stream beginning tomorrow, Monday evening, July 27 via YouTube. We will be hosting Zoom watch parties ahead of and during each concert and lasting for awhile afterwards for those who wish to see and talk with friends, comment live as the concerts are streaming, etc.
The schedule for the week is generally:
Day Concert Link to Concert Online
Monday Faculty https://tinyurl.com/yyvzv6m3
Wednesday Faculty/staff https://tinyurl.com/y2d2d7vc
Thursday Student https://tinyurl.com/y4w9zds8
Friday Cabaret https://tinyurl.com/y6s8zt8f
Saturday Finale Concert 1 https://tinyurl.com/y2o38yvb
Finale Concert 2
YouTube and Zoom chat links will be posted on the Facebook Alumni Group page and here as soon as they are available. Videos will be available independent of the streaming time and the watch parties.
UPDATE: the 2020 UNC Music Workshop is cancelled.
(If you are a past participant or a first-timer, please see full text of the notice including information about the 2021 UNC Music Workshop here. If you are a past participant or a past or present Faculty of staff member, see other important information here.)
July 19 – July 25, 2020
The UNC Music Workshop is intended for pianists and singers who are rising 9th graders through rising college freshmen. In addition, the Workshop offers topic driven sessions for adult participants as well as the opportunity to make music at a high level.
For HS age participants, the Workshop offers:
- Private lessons in voice or piano included with registration
- Theory classes and an optional video/movie composition class
- Daily individual performance opportunities in studio classes and solo recitals
- Coached Cabaret showcasing students with interests and skills in any kind of less formal performance, including comedy, original song writing, small groups, dance, or solo performance
- Large choral and staged singing opportunities
For adult participants, the Workshop offers:
- large and small choral and staged singing opportunities
- a chance to share ideas, materials, information and teaching techniques and strategies with colleagues
- an opportunity to explore the use of technology in teaching, performance and operational settings
- other optional studies as need is expressed and availability permits
Costs and Deadlines
Registration closes when the Workshop reaches capacity. Early applicants pay a discounted fee. All fees are due by July 3, 2020.
- Resident, early applicant (by May 1; includes room/board) — $635.00
- Resident participant (after May 1; includes room/board) — $685.00
- Residents please note: there is an optional linen pack available. Full information is on the registration form.
- Commuter, early applicant (by May 1; meals not included) — $415.00
- Commuter, (after May 1; meals not included) — $450.00
- Commuters please note: you may elect to buy any number of meals in the cafeteria used by the Resident Campers. Full information is on the registration form.
- Limited spaces (according to availability and voicing) for adult participants (for CEU credits) & college singers. See downloadable or online registration form below.
(Note: Registration is not confirmed until the deposit is paid. See Registration below.)
Registration for the 2020 Workshop
- For a downloadable registration form for HS Participants, click .
- For a downloadable registration form for Adult Participants, click here.
- To register HS Participants online,
- To register as an Adult Participant, click here.
Additional Forms and Information (click links below)
- General Liability and Release Form
- UNC Music Workshop Health Form
- Repertoire Sheet
- Rules and Regulations
- Approaches to Campus
- Detailed Campus Map
- UNC Music Workshop Flyer, 2020
- Programs for 2019 Performances
For more information about the Workshop or to ask additional questions, contact:
- Cat Zachary (Workshop Administrator): 919-962-5695; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Huff (Workshop Director): 919-880-0351; email@example.com
“Quoniam tu solus sanctus” from Missa sancti Bernardi von Offida by Joseph Haydn
Chindia by Alexandru Pascanu