#StayAtHome Resource Page
The Department of Music recognizes that this time of uncertainty is hard on all of our students, faculty, and staff. We hope the resources on this page can help lessen some of your stress as you learn and work from home. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. We’re here to help! Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay musical, Tar Heels!
- Set up your free UNC Zoom account by visiting unc.zoom.us and logging in with your Onyen and password.
- One of the easiest ways to improve your Zoom experience is to use headphones. Your sound quality will improve, and others will be able to hear you better when you participate in discussions.
- Another easy way to improve the quality of your Zoom experience is to mute your sound when you’re not speaking. (PRO TIP: Mute your audio from the start and just hold down the space bar when you want to speak!)
- Campus Health will remain open for limited services. Call 919-966-2281 before going to the office in person.
- UNC Libraries are under limited operations, but they have lots of wonderful online resources at library.unc.edu and library.unc.edu/music. They have also compiled a list of publishers offering temporary free access to their online resources. You can view this list at guides.lib.unc.edu/temporaryfreeresources.
- Campus Rec has an excellent list of free online workouts you can do at home! Visit campusrec.unc.edu/covid19.
- Campus Updates are all available at carolinatogether.unc.edu.
Educational Music Resources
- Department of Music YouTube and Spotify Playlists! View past performances on our YouTube channel and stream the albums of our faculty, students, and alumni on our recently curated Spotify playlists.
- Ackland Art Look & Listen Gallery
- Podcast Lover? Try some of these!
- Work Out
- Taste of Home’s 100 Recipes to Help you Relax
- Museums, Zoos, and Theme Parks are offering free online virtual tours! Find a list of 30 such tours here.
- Learn a New Language