- This event has passed.
2019 NC Area AP® Music Theory Workshop
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
This workshop is for high school teachers who are teaching, have taught, or are considering teaching AP® Music Theory. Other interested high school music teachers and music education students are welcome to attend. All attendees must register in advance. There is no fee to attend the workshop.
Saturday, February 23, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
UNC Chapel Hill Campus
Hill Hall room 103
Professor Neal is a member of the Instructional Design Team for the AP® Music Theory course; she also served for four years on the Development Committee that authors the AP® Music Theory Exam. She holds a Ph.D. in music theory from The Eastman School of Music (University of Rochester), and joined the faculty at UNC Chapel Hill in 1999.
Workshop will include:
- Preview of the Course Skills list in the new Course and Exam Description that is coming in 2019-2020
- Preparing students for the harmonic dictation questions
- Approaches to aural analysis and aural multiple-choice sets
- Tricky Topics and how to teach them
- Networking with other teachers and exam readers
- Topics requested by attendees
Participants will receive a certificate of participation from The College Board that may be used as credit toward meeting professional development requirements and hours.
Directions and parking information will be sent by email.
Questions? Email Jocelyn Neal, email@example.com
Registration deadline: February 18, 2019
- February 23
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Frontpage Sidebar Feature
August 28 @ 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
August 29 @ 7:30 pm
September 11 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm