- This event has passed.
Scholarship Series: UNC Symphony Orchestra with alumnus soloist Michael Rowlett ’94
October 13, 2016 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm$10
- Durham native Michael Rowlett, UNC Class of 1994, who is currently Associate Professor of Clarinet at the University of Mississippi, will perform the Clarinet Concerto by Pulitzer Prize-winning American composer William Bolcom. Commissioned by long-time New York Philharmonic principal clarinetist Stanley Drucker and premiered in 1992, this highly engaging three-movement work showcases an extraordinarily large orchestra and traverses a wide range of moods and styles, including some inspired by jazz, ragtime, and Broadway.
- Program also includes two beloved works from the standard orchestral repertoire—the dramatic Overture to Egmont by Beethoven and Mendelssohn’s beautiful Symphony No. 5, the “Reformation” symphony.
- Also part of the Moeser Favorites Series
- $10 general admission ($5 students and UNC faculty/staff) • Tickets and information (919) 843-3333
- Visit the webpage of Michael Rowlett